September 11, 2011

OXO's Julienne Peeler

I don't usually write posts recommending items or foods, but I feel that this tool deserves one! Meet OXO's Julienne Peeler.  


OXO's Julienne Peeler

This past summer I was looking for an alternative to spaghetti, and saw a lot of recipes for zucchini "spaghetti" - which is basically a zucchini that has been cut into long spaghetti-like strips, giving you a spaghetti texture, without all the refined carbs.  I was considering buying a spiralizer, one of the often mentioned culinary tools on blogs and forums dedicated to raw food, but I found that they were quite expensive, and a lot of reviews mentioned how finicky the spiralizers are.


I then discovered OXO's Julienne Peeler at a small kitchen store for $8.99.  The price was right, so I gave it a try...and haven't looked backed since! Making zucchini "spaghetti" is has never been easier! I've also used OXO's Julienne Peeler on carrots, potatoes and apples, and have only good things to say about it.


All in all, the handle is easy to grip, the safety cover is a useful design feature, it is easy to clean, and it is much cheaper and takes up less drawer/cupboard space than a mandolin grater or spiralizer. Get creative with it and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment